How The Race Was Won – Paris-Roubaix 2009

Apr 13 2009

Little longer than normal this week—sorry about that, but it’s a big race. Not a particularly exciting finish this year, but still unfolded as hell-bent as a good Roubaix should.
[right-click for iTunes-compatible download]

YouTube and Vimeo will be are up tomorrow morning now.

13 Responses to “How The Race Was Won – Paris-Roubaix 2009”

1. Dave 13 April 2009 at 6:10 am #

Van Summeren’s tail whip to avoid the crash was pretty awesome!

2. Tim 13 April 2009 at 8:27 am #

Thank you for these videos. They keep getting better every week.

3. Colin R 13 April 2009 at 9:09 am #

This shit is awesome.

4. Josh 13 April 2009 at 10:56 am #

Awesome report, again!

5. Al 13 April 2009 at 7:44 pm #

+1 for the “Over 9000″ reference.

6. MK 13 April 2009 at 11:01 pm #

Great points about Hoste, van Sumerin, and Fleche’s intimate moment.

7. Craig 14 April 2009 at 12:25 am #

Dude these reports are frickin’ rad. I don’t totally agree with your points on P-R but that’s simply because of my heinous man-crush on Tom Boonen.

8. cosmo 14 April 2009 at 5:36 am #

Hey everyone, glad you still like the vids. I’ll keep ‘em coming if you keep watching.

9. Russ 14 April 2009 at 5:43 am #

Fantastic videos mate…….was at a total loss when you stopped blogging. Great insights, no brown nosing or idol worshipping. Keep telling it like it is! I have NEVER seen anyone dominate and drive a race to it’s inevitable conclusion like the schoolgirl chasing nose candy loving Tommeke did on sunday night! Was my wedding anniversary but manged to convince wifey to stay up and watch most of it with me. Shit, I have such a man crush on him it’s not funny.

10. Mark 15 April 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Great recap!! Excellent commentary! Blended well with racer like insight!

11. David 15 April 2009 at 1:02 pm #

LOVED the analysis. Not all I agreed with (e.g. Hincapie got zip from drafting Vaughters), some I did (Leif Hoste should shut up and ride, plus giving some credit to Van Summeren might not kill him either), but all of it was entertaining and very insightful. Good job.

12. Dan 16 April 2009 at 12:53 am #

I just discovered your blog thanks to steephill.tv’s links. I watched the Versus coverage but I think your synopsis is awesome. Keep it up. I’ve linked your blog from my bike-addict page, too (www.LaJollaVelo.com).

13. Jeroen 24 December 2009 at 6:24 am #

Props for the analysis! I have to disagree with your saying it wasn’t an exiting finish, I can tell you that every cycling enthusiast I know (and that’s a lot of people, I live in Belgium) was on the edgde of their seat. Keep the videos coming!