How The Race Was Won – Criterium du Dauphine 2010

Jun 16 2010

Finally! The race formerly known as Dauphine Libere gets a rundown, focused almost entirely on the L’Alpe du Huez stage. It’s too bad, really—there were some great finishes on the other days, but stage races are tricky to video summarize like this.

[right-click for iTunes-compatible download, tap for iPad/iPhone]

Much of the delay was due to some major changes to production, including a better microphone and higher-quality source material. Ostensibly, the video is from Eurosport, but I think we all know there’s at least one intermediary involved. Still images, freely-licensed when available, are attributed in this list of sources.

10 Responses to “How The Race Was Won – Criterium du Dauphine 2010”

1. Anonymous 16 June 2010 at 11:31 am #

Nether the Youtube or the MP4 are working for me.

2. steevo 16 June 2010 at 11:34 am #

private video. I want my money back.

3. cosmo 16 June 2010 at 11:40 am #

Yeah, I was trying to clean up the audio in iMovie. But iMovie, despite playing the audio correctly in preview, keeps exporting the audio wrong. This is because iMovie is a flaming turd.

4. Max 16 June 2010 at 1:02 pm #

Good to see you making these videos again. The audio isnt very disturbing at all. Have you tried Final Cut Pro? iMovie is a pos.

5. Jack Daniels 16 June 2010 at 1:19 pm #

Cosmo, it’s spelled Braykovich!

6. Jan 16 June 2010 at 1:23 pm #

@ Jack Daniels, no it’s not, it’s spelled Brajkovic.

Another great HTRWW video, well done and thank you so much for keeping them coming!

7. Zlatko 16 June 2010 at 1:52 pm #

Slovenian tv-at 0:09 sec he says Brajkovič so you can try and play twist your tongue. Hope you’ll have to use his name in many more HTRWW’s
    Good job with the video!

8. Sebastian 16 June 2010 at 2:19 pm #

It was nice to see B-kovich rise to the kind of form he suggested he was capable of all those years ago at the Vuelta. And although he was, as you say, unheralded, Jerome Coppel has quietly been racking up good placings since his bronze medal at the U23 TT worlds a couple of years back — so his fifth place on L’Alpe d’Huez may be a sign that he’s here to stay.

Finally, the fact that Astana came across as a stronger team that Radio Shack was a bit of a surprise. Graham Watson (predictably, I guess) captioned his photo of DV’s stage win something like, “he won’t be able to help Contador tomorrow!” But there he was again the next day, although Watson was courteous enough not to take a picture of it.

9. AH 16 June 2010 at 2:52 pm #

“uhhh, Dave Navarro? Oh, wait, Daniel Navarro!”

That was hilarious — good work!

10. Michael McNutt 17 June 2010 at 9:38 am #

I really like your how the race was won series, I don’t know too much about how teams and tactics work and your explanations help me understand. Thank you!