How The Race Was Won – Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013

Feb 24 2013

Opening the season right: by putting entirely too much effort into a video for a not-especially-interesting bike race. That said, who isn’t glad for some serious news relating to actually racing bikes instead of throwing lawyers around? And a good fight from some names a few steps below the marquee is always nice to see.

[Right-click to download]

16 Responses to “How The Race Was Won – Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013”

1. Frank 24 February 2013 at 10:40 am #

Thanks, Cosmo, I always enjoy these.

2. Jon Labok 24 February 2013 at 10:47 am #

thanks for the write up! too busy to watch the race this weekend

3. Christophe 24 February 2013 at 11:02 am #

Once again, the best summary in Web-Land — Thanks Cosmo!

4. Netserk 24 February 2013 at 11:20 am #

So glad to see cobbles again, even though the race was a let down.

I know it was taken down due to copyright reasons, but is there a possibility for you to re-upload the HTRWR on Mende?

Today have been quite the disappointment due to race cancellations, but your great video cheered me up :-)

5. jerome 24 February 2013 at 3:06 pm #

great to see you back!! I quoted #heightdoping on the doping free CN forum during the race. It was removed and i got asked to explain myself by an admin, quick link and i got a ‘thats actually pretty funny’

6. Mark Blackwell 24 February 2013 at 4:06 pm #

Please keep these coming… it’s obviously a lot of work, and reputedly not well remunerated, so I know it’s a big ask, but… well, I do love them…

I wonder if the 2rmag.com guys would be willing to share some spoils with you?

7. George 24 February 2013 at 6:13 pm #

Great video, nice one

8. Ryan 24 February 2013 at 6:35 pm #

I missed these. You rock!

9. Cosmic Osmo 24 February 2013 at 7:13 pm #

ah the first htrww of the season. means i gotta start riding outside again soon…

10. BHive 24 February 2013 at 9:26 pm #

Great stuff again!

11. Scott 25 February 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Sweet! Glad to see you are in form this early in the season. Make sure you maintain your form through the classics season!!

12. Kyle V. 25 February 2013 at 2:17 pm #

I keep this site bookmarked specifically for these videos. Thanks for taking the time even for a “not-especially-interesting bike race”

13. Martin Criminale 25 February 2013 at 3:14 pm #

Nice! I for one am thankful you stayed up to produce this.

14. Caleb 25 February 2013 at 9:54 pm #

Downton Abbey is done for the season AND HTRWW is back? Mondays just got a lot better around my house.

15. Andrew 26 February 2013 at 12:37 am #

Great video.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together! Looking forward to more!

16. Matthew 26 February 2013 at 7:07 pm #

Awesome! Glad you’re back. Your HTRWW videos got me up to speed on the pro scene when I first started getting into it a couple years ago. Humour!

1. Episode 44: Omloop Review, Now Lance Free! | We Have Pelotonitis - 27 February 2013

[...] Cyclocosm’s How the Race Was Won [Cyclocosm] [...]

2. How The Race Was Won – Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2014 | Cycling Feeds - 3 March 2014

[…] How The Race Was Won – Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013 Opening the season right: by putting entirely too much effort… […]