How The Race Was Won – Giro d'Italia 2013 – Stages 10-15

May 27 2013

The penultimate week of the race! Yes, you were probably expecting this last weekend, but I had a blast riding out in California with Supporter Club Tyler Wren. Anyway—I have another one of these to churn out, so no lengthy preambling. Enjoy!

[click for iPad/iPhone/download]

6 Responses to “How The Race Was Won – Giro d'Italia 2013 – Stages 10-15”

1. James Milne May 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

As always I really enjoy your summary videos. I get all down when I look on youtube and see that there hasnt been an update.

They must take some effort to put together. Just thought I’d let you know that they are greatly appreciated. For those of us without subscription SKY TV and havent got 2 hours spare while trying to put the kids to bed, your 5 minute summaries are just perfect

Thanks

2. Aletea Morris May 29, 2013 at 6:08 am #

James I also enjoy the summery videos and I really want to watch something like this. thank you so much for sharing.

3. Ben May 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

Basically, these are brilliant.

4. derp May 30, 2013 at 11:28 pm #

“half wheeling” is not what Nibali was doing.

• cosmo May 31, 2013 at 11:50 am #

“Riding closely behind and alongside on a climb and overlapping wheels, to let the rider ahead of you know you’re a) there and strong enough to match his or her pace without a full draft, but also b) not planning an immediate challenge or attack, though your position suggests you are ready to do so or react at any time” is a bit of a mouthful.

I think “half-wheeling” is an entirely appropriate description so long as it’s realized to have a different definition in tactical race situation vs. just rolling along in the pack.

5. Erik May 31, 2013 at 9:52 am #

Derp,
    You do realize there is some sarcasm involved when group ride terms are used to describe a Pro-Tour stage race, right?