How The Race Was Won -Tour de France 2013, Stages 1-4

Jul 3 2013

I think I’m OK with starting the Tour with sans prologue. Still not changing my mind on bonus seconds. That said, it’s been an exciting enough start to the race—especially for Orica-GreenEdge. Not too bad for RadioShack, kinda meh for Omega-Pharma and terribly unlucky for one Edward King. Oh, hey—and if you just stumbled across this video, there are a whole lot more of them. You can browse through here.

[click for iPad/iPhone/download]

6 Responses to “How The Race Was Won -Tour de France 2013, Stages 1-4”

1. Mose 3 July 2013 at 7:56 am #

Two bloody thumbs up! Awesome to see you producing for the Tour. Only thing missing was the tin foil hat “it’s a conspiracy” guy, but I guess that’s kinda used up and cliched at this point, plus the Bond villian theme was better. Probably why you do this and not me.

2. Martin 3 July 2013 at 9:17 am #

Great stuff – the 007-music got the smiles out :-)

3. resultsboy 3 July 2013 at 10:24 am #

I lol’ed for real at the end. Well played.

4. @EnduranceJustin 3 July 2013 at 10:18 pm #

Another brilliant production! Even after seeing the stages, I find much more meaning and amusement in your interpretation.

5. Wheelsuker 4 July 2013 at 9:16 am #

Bravo, Cosmo! Another truthful and frikken hilarious summary! Well done!!!

6. Sebastian 5 July 2013 at 7:06 pm #

Great recap — brisk, thoughtful, and funny. Here’s hoping Rolland concentrates on finishing 9th overall and leaves the KOM jersey to someone with the sense to wear black shorts. And I personally liked the Giro-style (i.e. short) TTT. I’m fine having it in the race as a photo-op for the sponsors, but I don’t like seeing it make a difference on GC. Having a weak team makes it hard enough to win the Tour, and when you add a long TTT it becomes next to impossible.