The Week in Bike #23 – 6 June 2014

Jun 6 2014

Yes videos, no job, Drunk Cyclist, no more Giro, Evans, all Tour everything, Baloise Belgium Tour, Tour of Luxembourg, Bayern Rundfahrt, Tinkoff, women, UCI, Boels Rentals Hills Classic, Johansson, Vos, Philly, Stevens, DIY women’s TdF, rider safety, tifosi, GoPro.

8 Responses to “The Week in Bike #23 – 6 June 2014”

1. steevo 6 June 2014 at 6:26 pm #

That stage vino vs Cadel where they went over strada bianchi was one of the best days in modern bike racing. You should do some historic how the race was won videos.

2. Matt 7 June 2014 at 4:34 pm #

I wonder if Cadel simply peaked too early, he seemed great in the first week and afterwards he was constantly getting worse.

Also I’ll add “Bayern” to the list of “Names Cosmo simply can not pronounce correctly”.

• Steve 8 June 2014 at 12:59 am #

Cadel ‘pinked’ too early.

3. Karsten 7 June 2014 at 4:44 pm #

Thanks for doing these, glad I misunderstood your last weeks’ message.

4. CarnSoaks 9 June 2014 at 4:35 am #

I agree 100% with the idea Cadel should focus on classics. Great @ 2hr MTB effort. Always a power rider. Top10 in ITT yr2yr everywhere, strong climber.
    He was rarely ready for those springy classics primarily because of the TdF like you say.
    He showed his class in Mendrisio, which surprised all except Aussies, and then even most Aussies. And more memorably on the cobbles of 2010 TdF finishing with Thor & Cancellara!
    In his prime, Lotto used him as SuperDom (see 2009 Il Lombardia) The Road Champ pulling for a Belgian Leader and earlier as one for for Ulrich.

To MATT, I agree, in the past he would try to arrive at 95% and roast himself into form over the first week. This year, he was too worried about his form and arrived too tired to make week 3 without baking himself from the effort.

5. Tom 9 June 2014 at 10:16 am #

I’m not sure has still got “it” in terms of riding high up in grands tour standings, the man is 37 now. I do agree that he could seriously challenge in the spring classics though.

6. Bernard Shaw 9 June 2014 at 11:37 pm #

PLEASE don’t get into having a drinking problem! I like and value you!

7. Wheelsuker 10 June 2014 at 5:45 pm #

Oof…. Rum?? Ouch! Stick with the Belgian Beer…

1. The Week in Bike #23 – 6 June 2014 | Cycling Feeds - 6 June 2014