How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2014 – Stages 11-15

Jul 21 2014

Sure, Nibali has a more than comfortable lead, but two uphill finishes last week didn’t do much to sort out the rest of the standings. All that and some fantastically aggressive racing and a couple sprints.

Also, I’m seriously not going to be around next weekend, so you’ll have to wait for the final installment.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swo51-CG9Ss

[iPad/iPhone/m4v]

6 Responses to “How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2014 – Stages 11-15”

1. dylan 21 July 2014 at 8:36 pm #

Seriously, I thought the stage was either a pilot for the upcoming reality show about Andrew Talansky or Garmin’s ad-buy at work. I thought it was even more comical that Alex Howes seemed to have no idea why he kept getting questions about Talansky and how hard it must have been for him during his post race interview.

2. Rumpled 22 July 2014 at 6:44 am #

I think you may have misclassied Nibs’ look back at the peloton. Wasn’t he looking back for a crashed teammate?

• Cosmo Catalano 22 July 2014 at 3:02 pm #

I don’t believe so. Fuglsang crashed several minutes earlier. I’m pretty sure Nibali had a look back then as well, but I don’t think it was quite as pronounced.

3. Bernard Shaw 22 July 2014 at 10:27 am #

Hang it there Cosmo! in addition to being a talented analyst of how races are won, no, seriously!, you have allot of talent with using video clips to illustrate your points, great sense of history, and just the right humor. In short, don’t go away, and for god’s sake why don’t VN nor CW pay you for syndication etc.

4. Anita 25 July 2014 at 9:37 pm #

I think the next tee-shirt we need is on the “wait for it….” theme. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

5. Spencer Phillips 25 July 2014 at 11:54 pm #

There was an even more blatant natural break on Stage 18 – check the Movistar rider at the front of the peloton at 82.4k to go. Just whips it out and lets it fly while making pace!

1. How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2014 – Stages 11-15 | Cycling Feeds - 21 July 2014

[…] How The Race Was Won – Tour de France 2014 – Stages 11-15 […]